for CID Members attending events abroad
An application for funding includes:
1. Cover letter
2. Certificate of membership issued by CID this year.
3. Certificate of registration, issued by the CID Section organizing the event.
4. Description of the project (what is the CID event, what will you present there, what are the benefits for you, for your country, for the sponsor)
5. Total expenses, what part you will cover, what part you apply for.
6. Your professional profile (CV, biographical note, resume) with some photos and eventually a DVD presenting your work.
Make sure your application is complete and serious, to avoid a rejection that would compromise your future applications. If you are not registered at the event, or if you ask for 100% financing, your application will most probably be ignored.
CID Members fully registered at an event endorsed by the CID can apply for financial assistance to public agencies or private sponsors, such as:
– The National Commission for UNESCO and the Permanent Delegation to UNESCO of your country. Find them at: www.cid-world.org/links/
– The Ministry of Culture, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs or other government authorities of your country.
– Funding organizations, foundations or agencies which you can find at the Global Dance Directory: www.cid-world.org
Type name of country and funding or financial or grants or scholarships or another similar word.
– Look for opportunities announced in the monthly Circulars at the CID website: www.cid-world.org
– Contact private companies having a sponsorship program. Explain why funding your trip is good for their image.
Members of the CID receive financial assistance to attend events endorsed by the CID (congresses, competitions, festivals), because CID is the only official international dance organization.